Note: To request access to Colleague as a Forsyth Tech employee you must log in to Techlink, click the menu button at the top left, and navigate to Administration>Information Technology Services>Forms, and you will find the Colleague Access Request Form in the list of files.
If you ever need your Colleague password changed please contact the ITS Support Center @ (866) 517-3567.
1. To begin, navigate to the Colleague User Interface Page by visiting colleague.forsythtech.edu.
Note: If you wish to use Production - v4.6 you will have to use Internet Explorer. Otherwise, click Production - v5.5.
For the purposes of this tutorial, I'll be using v5.5, but the instructions are the same for the older Production version.
2. At the login page, enter your 8-digit username and password, then click 'Log in'. Your Colleague username will be only the first 8 characters of your TechID username.
3. If you entered your password correctly you'll see the 'Change Password' window pop up. Re-enter your current credentials, then enter a new password, confirm it, and click 'Submit'.
Colleague Password Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters
You must use one of each of the four types of characters: An uppercase and lowercase letter, a number, and a special character
- At least one of each of these four types of characters must be in the first 8 characters of the password
- Can't be the same as one of the last 5 passwords you've used
- Can't contain any personal info (Name, SSN, Address) or multiple consecutive numbers
Example Password: !George9