Students Technology Quick Start Guide
Follow these steps to get started with the technology resources at Forsyth Tech
In this guide:
Find Student ID #
Find TechID & Password
Setup TechID Profile
Login to Techlink
Login to Student Email & Office 365
Login to MyForsythTech
Access Navigate ForsythTech
1. Find Student ID #
Each student at Forsyth Tech is issued a seven digit Student ID number. Use the information below to determine where you can find your student ID number.
Your seven digit student ID number is located on the top-right corner of your acceptance letter from the Admissions Department. If you cannot locate your student ID number, please contact the Admissions department at 336-734-7556 (M-Th 8:00am - 7:00pm & F 8:00am-3:00pm)
Economic & Workforce Development Courses
Your seven digit student ID number is located in the top-left corner of your registration statement. If you cannot locate your student ID number, please contact the EWD Customer Service Center at 336-734-7023.
2. Find TechID & Password
Each student at Forsyth Tech has a unique TechId (username) which is used to login to Blackboard, Student Email, Techlink, and many more services.
What is my TechID?
Your TechID can be determined using the following formula:
Last Name + First Initial of your first name
+ Day You Were Born
+ Last Two Digits of Your Student ID Number
Name: Michelle Student
Student ID: 5843229
TechID = firstname.lastname@example.org
What is my initial password?
Your initial TechID password can be determined using the following formula:
Capital first letter of last name + Lowercase second letter of last name + Date of Birth (MMDDYY)
Name: Michelle Student
Password = St052381
3. Setup TechID Profile & Password Reset Profile
Before you can log in to your Student Email and other services, you will need to set up your TechID account profile and create a password.
IMPORTANT: Use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, for best results
1. To begin, visit the Techlink.forsythtech.edu
3. Enter your full Forsyth Tech address (found in Step 2 above).
4. You will be re-directed to the Forsyth Tech login page. Enter your TechID & Password. (found in Step 2 above)
5. You will be prompt to setup Multifactor Authentication.
If you would like to read our guides on setting up and managing MFA, you can click the link below:
6. Install the Microsoft Authenticator app from the Playstore (For Android) or the App Store (For iPhone) then follow the prompts on the screen.
7. Once you have setup the Microsoft Authenticator app, you will then be asked to update your password.
8. Enter the temporary password you used to initially login as the Current Password and then create a new password.
- Minimum 8 characters
- Must contain an Uppercase letter
- Must contain a number OR special character
- Cannot contain username, SSN, First name, or Last name
- Cannot use previous 6 passwords
If you have issues initially logging in or setting up the Microsoft Authenticator app, please either call 866-517-3567 or visit Allman 106, ITS Support Center for more assistance.
If you ever forget your password or need to change it, please visit the TechID Self-Service portal
4. Login to Techlink
Using Techlink gives you access to campus information, campus events, financial information, class schedule, student email, and much more.
You will need the following before you begin:
- TechID (Step 2 in this guide...)
- TechID password (Step 3 in this guide...)
5. Login to Student Email & Office 365
Students at Forsyth Tech have access to student email through Office 365. It is expected that students will check their email account regularly. Note: Login with your TechID and TechID Password.
1. Access student email directly @ https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox
2. Download your free copy of Microsoft Office 365 - Click here for instructions.
6. Login to MyForsythTech
In MyForsythTech you can view your finance information, access financial aid data, plan your semester & much more!
7. Access Navigate Forsyth Tech
Navigate Forsyth Tech is an online platform and app specifically created for you, the college student.
- Stay updated on approaching deadlines
- Be reminded of critical tasks each semester
- Learn about resources available to you
- Find out when events are happening
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor or tutor
All of this information and more is available at your fingertips.
Download the Navigate Student App
TechAlerts will notify you in the event of campus closings, emergency situation, campus events, or important reminders. Faculty, staff, and curriculum students will be automatically enrolled in the TechAlert system. Please visit your profile to verify your mobile phone number and email address is correct.
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/forsythtech
- Select the My Account tab, if not already selected.
- Within the Mobile Phones or Email sections, select the Add button to enter additional contact methods to your profile.
- Select the Edit button (pen and paper icon) to make changes to any contact information already in the system.
- Select the red X next to any contact information that should no longer be listed in the alerts system.
You may opt into the following lists to receive important notifications such as payment reminders or ITS system outage alerts:
9. Technology Resources
While visiting Forsyth Tech’s various campuses, students may take advantage of our open computer labs, where computers are offered for student use.
There are open computer labs in the following locations:
Walk-in Technology Help
Students are also encouraged to seek technical assistance via our ITS Support Walk-in located on Main Campus in Allman 106.
Get in-person assistance at our ITS Support Center Walk-in with the following:
- TechID account & password assistance
- Assistance with Virus removal
- Connecting to campus WiFi
- Office 365 installation & support
Open Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM