Follow these steps to get started with the technology resources at Forsyth Tech
In this guide:
Find Student ID #
Find TechID & Password
Setup TechID Profile
Login to Techlink
Login to Student Email & Office 365
Login to MyForsythTech
1. Find Student ID #
Each student at Forsyth Tech is issued a seven digit Student ID number. Use the information below to determine where you can find your student ID number.
Your seven digit student ID number is located on the top-right corner of your acceptance letter from the Admissions Department. If you cannot locate your student ID number, please contact the Admissions department at 336-734-7556 (M-Th 8:00am - 7:00pm & F 8:00am-3:00pm)
Economic & Workforce Development Courses
Your seven digit student ID number is located in the top-left corner of your registration statement. If you cannot locate your student ID number, please contact the EWD Customer Service Center at 336-734-7023.
2. Find TechID & Password
What is my TechID?
Your TechID can be determined using the following formula:
Last Name + First Initial of your first name
+ Day You Were Born
+ Last Two Digits of Your Student ID Number
Name: Michelle Student
Student ID: 5843229
TechID = firstname.lastname@example.org
What is my initial password?
3. Setup TechID Profile & Password Reset Profile
Before you can login to your Student Email and other services, you will need to set up your TechID account profle and create a password.
1. To begin, visit the TechID Self-Service portal @ https://techid.forsythtech.edu . The TechID Self-Service portal is used to manage your TechID Account. You can perform account maintenance such as password resets, unlock account, and manage passwords.
2. Select Setup Profile.
3. Enter your full Forsyth Tech address (found in Step 2 above).
4. You will be re-directed to the Forsyth Tech login page. Enter your TechID & Password. (found in Step 2 above)
5. You will be prompted to create a new password.
- Minimum 8 characters
- Must contain an Uppercase letter
- Must contain a number OR special character
- Cannot contain username, SSN, First name, or Last name
- Cannot use previous 6 passwords
6. Setup your password reset options. You must setup a minimum of two alternate reset methods.
If you ever forget your password or need to change it, please visit the TechID Self-Service portal
4. Login to Techlink
- TechID (Step 2 in this guide...)
- TechID password (Step 3 in this guide...)
5. Login to Student Email & Office 365
1. Access student email through Techlink.
2. Access student email directly @ http://techmail.forsythtech.edu
6. Login to MyForsythTech
TechAlerts will notify you in the event of campus closings, emergency situation, campus events, or important reminders. Faculty, staff, and curriculum students will be automatically enrolled in the TechAlert system. Please visit your profile to verify your mobile phone number and email address is correct.
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/forsythtech
- Select the My Account tab, if not already selected.
- Within the Mobile Phones or Email sections, select the Add button to enter additional contact methods to your profile.
- Select the Edit button (pen and paper icon) to make changes to any contact information already in the system.
- Select the red X next to any contact information that should no longer be listed in the alerts system.
You may opt into the following lists to receive important notifications such as payment reminders or ITS system outage alerts:
- Sign up for ITS System Alerts
- Sign up for Important Reminders (Coming Soon)
9. Technology Resources
While visiting Forsyth Tech’s various campuses, students may take advantage of our open computer labs, where computers are offered for student use.
There are open computer labs in the following locations:
- Ardmore 143 - The Learning Center
- Ardmore 218 - BIT Lab
- Hauser 246 - DMA Lab
Walk-in Technology Help
Students are also encouraged to seek technical assistance via our ITS Support Walk-in located on Main Campus in Allman 106.
Get in-person assistance at our ITS Support Center Walk-in with the following:
- TechID account & password assistance
- Virus removal
- Connecting to campus WiFi
- Office 365 installation & support