- How do I grade with a rubric?
- Follow these steps to grade using rubrics:
- Access the gradable item in the Grade Center, the Needs Grading page or from the tool.
- Click View Rubric to review or begin grading with the associated rubric.
- In Grid View, click a cell to apply that point value to the grade. If a rubric with point ranges is used, select the appropriate value from the drop-down list. To change the selection, click another cell in the same row.
- Type feedback to the student in the text box that appears (optional).
- Click List View to switch displays and select an option for each criterion to apply that point value to the grade (optional).
- Select the checkboxes to Show Descriptions for criteria and to Show Feedback text boxes (optional).A running Raw Total score appears as point selections are made. Optionally, type a score in the Change the number of points box to override the selected score, and type overall Feedback to the student using the full features of the included Content Editor. Note: The Raw Total displays the score rounded to two decimal places.
- When grading is complete, click Save or Exit. Save records the score and feedback and return to the attempt. Exit allows you to leave the rubric without saving any selections.
- Click Save and Next to use another associated rubric for evaluation.