- How do I create a rubric?
- A rubric is an assessment tool that lists evaluation criteria (rows) and achievement levels (columns). These correspond to point values on a per-assignment and per-student basis. Once created, the rubric tool provides an easy-to-use interface, allowing faculty to point and click on cells. The calculations are done by the rubric and the resulting grade (and specific rubric) are stored in the Grade Center for the student to review.
- On the Control Panel, click Course Tools.
- Select Rubrics.
- On the Rubrics page, click Create Rubric.
- Type a Name for the rubric. The name is the title text that identifies the rubric.
- Provide a description of the rubric (optional).
- Edit the rubric grid. To learn more, see Edit the Rubric Grid below.
- Click Submit.