Follow these 7 steps to get started with the technology resources at Forsyth Tech
In this guide:
1. Find Employee ID #
Each employee at Forsyth Tech is issued a Employee ID number. Your seven digit Employee ID number is provided to you by HR during new employee orientation.
2. Find TechID & Password
3. Setup TechID Profile & Password Reset Profile
Before you can login to your employee email and other services, you will need to set up your TechID account profle and create a password.
1. To begin, visit the TechID Self-Service portal @ https://techid.forsythtech.edu . The TechID Self-Service portal is used to manage your TechID Account. You can perform account maintenance such as password resets, unlock account, and manage passwords.
2. Select Setup Profile.
3. Enter your full Forsyth Tech address (found in Step 2 above).
4. You will be re-directed to the Forsyth Tech login page. Enter your TechID & Password. (found in Step 2 above)
5. You will be prompted to create a new password.
- Minimum 8 characters
- Must contain an Uppercase letter
- Must contain a number OR special character
- Cannot contain username, SSN, First name, or Last name
- Cannot use previous 6 passwords
6. Setup your multifactor authentication information. For further information, please click here.
7. Setup your password reset options. You must setup a minimum of two alternate reset methods.
If you ever forget your password or need to change it, please visit the TechID Self-Service portal
4. Login to Techlink
- TechID (Step 2 in this guide...)
- TechID password (Step 3 in this guide...)
5. Login to Email & Office 365
1. Access email directly @ http://techmail.forsythtech.edu
2. Download your free copy of Microsoft Office 365 - Click here for instructions.
6. Login to MyForsythTech
7. Setup Voicemail
TechAlerts will notify you in the event of campus closings, emergency situation, campus events, or important reminders. Faculty, staff, and curriculum students will be automatically enrolled in the TechAlert system. Please visit your profile to verify your mobile phone number and email address is correct.
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/forsythtech
- Select the My Account tab, if not already selected.
- Within the Mobile Phones or Email sections, select the Add button to enter additional contact methods to your profile.
- Select the Edit button (pen and paper icon) to make changes to any contact information already in the system.
- Select the red X next to any contact information that should no longer be listed in the alerts system.
You may opt into the following lists to receive important notifications such as payment reminders or ITS system outage alerts: